Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Not Impressed!

I'm a cynical bitch who doesn't like many people.

And when I say "people" I mean female celebrities.

Of course, I like the awesome ones. Tina Fey. Amy Poehler. Jennifer Lawrence. Emma Stone.

But that's about it.

Lately there have been some female celebrities who have been ridiculously annoying.

And like our dear friend Tommy Lee Jones, I am NOT impressed.


Here is a look at five famous women who completely bore me right now.

5. Anne Hathaway


This may come as a shock to you because I have flippin adored this girl for years. Like, more than a decade. But recently she is just getting on my nerves. Big time.

I was such a huge fan because she's adorable, well-educated, witty, incredibly open-minded, honest, and has a classy sense of style. She prefers to watch The Tudors and read Jane Austen novels, as opposed to getting shit-faced at a bar and ending up in jail.


But her attitude is starting to bother me. She's annoying. And kind of pretentious. It's like she takes herself and her "craft" waaaay too seriously. Her charm and genuine modesty seems to have disappeared lately. Now in interviews, she seems fake and forced. Oh, and I hate her haircut. She has very exaggerated features (big lips and big nose) so with short hair, she's pretty much all face now.

When she accepts awards, her speeches are painfully awkward and embarrassingly self-indulgent. The last straw for me was when she stole the mic from the producer of Les Misérables, after the film won best picture at the Golden Globes, just because she forgot to thank a couple people in her earlier rambling speech after winning Best Supporting Actress. Um, rude. The poor guy ended up getting cut off later on because he didn't have enough time to thank everyone he wanted to in his speech. Thanks, Anne.

Sorry, but I'm...



4. Taylor Swift


I've disliked this girl from the minute I heard Teardrops on my Guitar on the radio. Or was it You Belong With Me? I still get those two songs confused.

But, despite not liking her music, I never really had anything bad to say about her in the past. She's beautiful and has cute style. Plus, she always seemed humble and sweet.


But a part of me wonders if that naive girl-next-door persona is real. Behind the scenes, she seems like a publicity whore. She's been serial dating high-profile celebrities for years and bragging about them in boring songs. It's awkward. She almost seems desperate to be part of a celebrity power couple or something.

I'm also tired of her "ohmygodareyouserious" shocked face she would pull whenever she won an award, which seemed to be once a week. The first time, it was cute. The tenth time, it was just fake, let's be real.

I actually would like to see this girl redeem herself and prove she can be a grown up one day.

But for now, I'm...



3. Lady Gaga


Again, this is weird. I'm normally a huge fan of Gaga. She came into our world at perfect timing, I think. In 2009, we were craving something different and weird and fabulous. She delivered. She made haute couture relevant. She gave us something to talk about. She made pop music cool again.

But now, I feel like her gimmick is stale. I'm over it.


It was almost like we were spoon-fed too much too fast. And now that the glitter of novelty is out of my eyes, she seems so yesterday.

It will be interesting to see if her Gaga image stays afloat as the years go by. The reason Madonna became an icon is because she didn't just change with the times, she invented the changes. Her music evolved, along with her identity. I'm not sure if Gaga will be able to emulate that kind of success. I honestly hope that she does, because I'd love to rekindle my obsession.

Good luck, Gaga. But these days, I'm....



2. Nicky Minaj


...yeah. When she raps, she sounds like she's having a stroke or something. That's just my humble opinion. I'm not a rap aficionado or anything though.

Her snarky attitude doesn't sit well with me. She seems like the type of person I would have a very difficult time getting along with. Like, she'll get up in your grill for no apparent reason, maybe? I just get that kind of vibe from everything I've seen of her in television interviews and magazine articles.


Her demeanor, her tacky Lisa Frank style, and her music. Everything. Just. No.

I'm not sorry to say I'm...

 
 

1. Kim Kardashian


Do I even need to explain this one?

Let's all chant together:




Are you bored with these girls too? Which celebrities don't impress you?

34 comments:

French Girl in Seattle said...

BRAVO Jenny! Funny. To the point. Accurate. Loved the "not impressed" series too. :-) Well done! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Gayatri said...

Oh yeah! Taylor Swift just looked like such a sore loser when Adele won a Golden Globe yesterday. I'm still on the fence about Lady Gaga but Lena Dunham is really beginning to annoy me and I don't even know why.

ravenlocks said...

HAHAHA! Amazing! Did you make the "not impressed" pictures? They're perfect. I agree with all of those women you listed. And I'm glad to see that we share some celeb favorites. One woman I can't stand is Sophia Vergara. Like, why the fuck is she everywhere? She's not even funny and she's so plastic, it's gross. I was really disgusted by her when she made a rape joke during an interview. NOT FUNNY, ya old hag!

xoxo

Azu

beingFab said...

Finally, I've found someone who doesn't like Anne Hathaway's haircut!! All the mags have been on about how 'cool' her pixie cut is and so on and so forth. I much, much preferred her 'Devil wears Prada' hair :-)

Unknown said...

Great post! All those 'not impressed' pictures made me laugh, love them :) I really can't stand Lady Gaga, I worshiped her when she first showed up but after that first album she just became boring, predictable and just too much of everything. And obviously Kim Kardashian, if I were to create this list, she would also be my number 1.

xoxo

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Hahah...loved it. I'm not impressed with any of them either. I always liked Anne Hathaway...but cutting someone off in a speech is not cool. Taylor Swift, I liked at first, but lately she seems a bit like a slapper as we say here, go from one guy to the next & then write a song about them to get back at them, it's a bit childish and too played out. Everyone gets at the Miley Cyrus girl for shaving her head, but yet she's been engaged to the same boy for over a year I think, but everyone thinks Taylor Swift is perfect. I don't get that. Lady Gaga is a gimmick, all her stuff was good at first, but it's just past it now. Only a year before coming out as Gaga, she looked just like everyone else & yet she claims she created everything, soo why does a lot of her stuff look like what Madonna has already done or Grace Jones for that matter!?! It's not original & it never was. So, I rather she went away to. Nicky Minaj...she has a nasty attitude, not sure on her. Don't pay her much attention. And goodness...will someone tell the Kardashians to just go away now...people are blind to the fact that they keep this shit on the tv and in the stores by buying their junk. And the Kardashians know it...they are nothing without the public. Sad sad sad not-so little family!! That family could have it's own list for annoying people, haha!! xx

Unknown said...

Ahhh I love your posts. Just so refreshing! Okay so Anne is on a high horse right now and she needs to get off it. I find nothing attractive about her but she is a fine actress. Nikki is ghetto and just hood all the way-she makes her community look bad. Kim is just a whore in every way possible and what goes through my mind is what would her father think of all this. He would have been none too pleased with her children at all me thinks bc even though he liked fame he was very traditional and old school. Taylor is all "Americana" she is the image of what middle America deems as perfect. She is white, blonde, and skinny. She was cute for ten minutes-her "omg" attitude is fake and an act bigtime. She is a bigtime hoe-she has had more bed partners than I have fingers on my hand and she is only like 22/23. That is nasty (I think thats nasty for boys too) and I am sick of her. What is worse is that her music isn't even country music-she does NOT belong in the country music category or in the awards-those awards belong to REAL country singers and musicians.

Ahhhhh I feel so much better now! hehe So yeah girl I am not impressed at all...oh through J-Lo in there bc she is just a nasty representing of the Latino and Puerto Rican communities. She cannot speak English properly or spanish-she should just NEVER speak! She knows nothing about music-has NO talent-and NO she cannot pass as a white woman or Italian...HELLO why do they put her in those roles....??? Okay I'm done now. xox

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I am SO over Anne and Taylor... Annd bothers the crap out of me and grow your hair long again lol. Taylor- I like her music still but over her.

Shannon said...

Ha - great list. You definitely went for it by putting Anne, Gaga and Taylor on this list, but you know what? I kinda agree.

And Nicki Minaj is my worst nightmare. Seriously, her songs give me seizures.

Thelma Frayne said...

I love Emma Stone too. And Emily Blunt falls into the cool category too.

Couldn't agree more about Anne Hatheway and Taylor Swift, both of which I find barely tolerable.

Imogen said...

I agree with you on all apart from Taylor Swift. Especially Anne Hathaway. I was surprised to see you say this at first (I think I saw it on fb the other day?). When I read about what you wrote I agree 100%. The hair and the personality, both, but especially the whole fake aspect.

Melanie said...

I am totally chanting with you! I agree a 100%! Anne Hathaway needs to go back Princess Diaries awesomness! Taylor Swift REALLY needs to stop dating people, Nicki Minaj just needs to stop, Lady Gaga is actually fading off the face of earth (She was only on the Top 100 songs of 2012 once) and keeps doing stupid stuff, and Kim...I think i will reach the max amount of characters for comments if I start on her!

Ergo - Blog

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I know I've already said this on FB, but I loved this post. I agree with you on these ladies, esp. Gaga and Taylor. So not impressed.

But yes, I do think we've known each other for years now (at least since 2010 but maybe before) so one day we must meet! :)

Tanvi said...

It just so happens that I was NEVER a fan of either of their girls to begin with so I am glad that now we are on the same page. It hard to stay sweet and yet 'not' be annoying with time. You know? (:

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

Sherin said...

I love that we hate the same celebrities! I've never been able to stand any of these people, especially Anne Hathaway. Bleugh!

Couture Carrie said...

Sooooo with you on these, except for KK - kinda love her, sorry :(

xoxox,
CC

A Very Sweet Blog said...

LMFAOOOOO Jennifer! Girl, I nearly fell out of my chair reading this. You should get an Oscar for THIS POST! HAHAHAHAHA I can totally see where you're coming from with all of these women. I can't stand Nicki Minaj! BE WHO YOU ARE AND GO WITH IT! A whole lot of facades going around.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

sherene said...

I love gaga, but now no more:)

Meri said...

oh god I do NOT know what it is about taylor swift, but man she is annoying. I get like fired up mad and annoyed when I hear anything about her. I go back and forth on anne hathaway.

Unknown said...

geez, i feel the same way about taylor swift!

Bravoe Runway said...

This is the reason why I watch very little tv interviews and award shows because the image of the celebrities I like I like to think of them the way I want to lol. I agree the pixie cut on Anne isn't really doing her justice, and you are right her features are definitely strong so I feel without her hair it's all exaggerated. As for kk, never was a fan, never will be a fan. There's something about her and the rest of the k klan that just doesn't sit well with me. My favorite celebs are Eva longoria, lucy Liu, Angelina Jolie, and victoria beckham.

Blond Duck said...

YES! I've said since Taylor Swift came out that no one could be that perfect or that sweet and nice all the time. I think she's very calculating and has a amazing PR team. And now her songs seem more mean than cute--at some point, you've got to quit dating guys to get hits.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Yet another reason to love you. Seriously. I find that I prefer low-key celebrities - Jennifer Lawrence and even Kristen Stewart. I like that these are GORGEOUS girls who are talented and intelligent, but don't feel the need to be in-your-face 24/7. :D

Movies on my Mind said...

This is like vintage Jennifer Fabulous stuff. The type that entertains and validates exactly what one was thinking but too afraid to express in fear of backlash. Very brave of you.

love jenny xoxo said...

haha i agree with you about Anne Hathaway getting a little weird lately... and I get sick of Taylor's innocent act. But I like Gaga and Nikki because I think they are fun... ohh and Kim... not impressed :)

XOXO

fabulousjunk said...

Taylor annoys the fuck outta me. Excuse my french. She always has, and her "Oh my gosh... gee golly me?" (opens mouth in suprise) act is really fucking annoying. Bitch how about you try being single for once. Also a little birdie told me she's actually older than she says she is.....

becks
http://fabulous-junk.blogspot.com

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

I am SO SICK of Kim Kardashian. The girl has so much fame and money for zero talent. Ugh.
And Lady Gaga... What has she even done lately? Over it!
Nicki Minaj... She's just crazy.
And I don't have anything against Anne Hathaway, but I don't understand why people are so in love with her.

But I do love Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone. Those girls are amazing! :)

pilgrimchick said...

This is so brilliant! I completely agree with you. I am particularly done with Kim Kardashian. I would add Zoe Deschanel to that because I think her whole show is about her trying to look cute, over and over, for half an hour.

A BRIT GREEK said...

Yup, for some reason they are ALL painfully annoying right now, is it the over hype in the media or something else? Well you've nailed it for sure!
Happy Weekend!
x.o.x.o

FASHION TALES said...

See, I knew I didn't miss anything on the Golden Globes, haha. I'm not impressed! Stealing the mic from someone and having a bad attitude is NEVER okay! Great post!

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

So we are seriously on the same page about EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in the post. Taylor Swift has been irritating the mess out of me, and I think that is largely MTV's fault. I recently saw one of her music videos, and there is literally about 3 minutes of her just talking trying to be all arty and emotional, and just "deep", and then this trashy pop song plays, she rolls around in dirt, and I die of boredom.

Kim K?? Last year on twitter I finally un-followed her. I twitter how good it felt to finally unfollow her, and it got re-tweet so many times! can you imagine she pregnant?! Dear Lord help us all.

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

*tweeted. Oops.

Oh, and Taylor is skanky.

ravenlocks said...

Hey Jen,

Just started watching Nashville the other day. I'm hooked! I don't remember the last time I was addicted to a TV show lol. Thanks for recommending it. I love it!

Hope you're having a great weekend :)

xo Azu

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You are too funny lady! Ms. Poehler saved the Globes for me.