Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Monday, June 8, 2009

In all honesty...

One of my favorite bloggers, La Femme Chic, gave me this award. :)



10 Honest things about myself:

1) I am of Indian, Swedish, German, and British descent.

2) I have never met anyone on my dad's side of the family. I don't even know their names.

3) I was addicted to pain killers my junior and senior year of high school. To this day, my parents still hide any kind of pills around their house and it's a hassle to even get an aspirin.

4) I once went two years without wearing a pair of pants. I only wore skirts and dresses. Everyone thought I was nuts.

5) I have been to 14 different schools and my family has moved 13 times around the country.

6) My high school sweetheart turned out to be gay. He didn't come out until college.

7) I hate green peppers.

8) I have never dyed my hair, yet it is a mixture of red, blonde, and black strands. Together, it looks completely brown.

9) My mom and I got our noses pierced in a seedy little tattoo parlor a couple years ago after I went through a hellish breakup.

10) I always get mistaken for 16 and I hate it. (I'm 25).

I give this award to:

Planet Plum
Chic Heroin
Limadean
That's All
Qin at the Disco
Tia Cherie
Couture Carrie


Requirements:
- I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it
- I must list 10 honest things about myself
- I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog.
- I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links
- I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above three requirements also.

13 comments:

JOWY said...

HI
CONGRAST ON YA HONSETY BLOG AWARD, YOU'VE GOT A VERY NICE BLOG GRLLL!!


WANNA SWAP LINKS?

ONE LOVE,
JOWY

http://www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com/

yiqin; said...

Ah I have never dyed my hair too!

yves said...

Thanks much, jen!I really appreciate it

Couture Carrie said...

Wow, darling, this post is so honest and lovely! 14 schools - wow! And so heartbreaking about the high school sweetheart. Love the nose piercing bonding with mom ~ how cool is that?!

Thank you so much for thinking of me ~ this is going to be a fun one!!

xoxox,
CC

Damsels said...

congrats on the award i got the same award aswell :)
We Were Damsels
Thanks for commenting on my blog I really appreciate it

Damsels said...

i got this award too congrats !
We Were Damsels

Imogen said...

Thanks for your comment on my last post, that made me feel better. Its nice to know that you understand. I finished the exam on monday night, just need to get through the other exams now. Also, thank you for the award, its exciting:) I will do it in my next post. I liked your answers, some interesting things about you.

FASHION CHALET said...

I enjoyed reading this :)
OK, so about Tudors I've only seen episode 1 so far and I am sort of bored except for when The King in on.. lol does it get more entertaining?

Thanks for the comment, honey, you're sweet!


x

Angela said...

congrat on the award and thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

of course love to link up too!

Chelsea Bryan Knights said...

Thanks so much for the comment. And I have actually tried to keep a dream journal, but sometimes I let it slide when I get too busy, but I’m graduating today so I should have some time this summer to start back up. Tomorrow, I plan on posting a short story I wrote that I feel really captures one of my most vivid dreams. :)

Unknown said...

Jennifer, thanks for you comments lately. Sorry I haven't been here in a while! I miss talking to you.

How are you?

zoe aka drinkupthefashion said...

thanks for your comment! :)
you're really honest about yourself...i keep secrets...and it's really hard for me to let any of them go.
i hope if you try my skincare routine it helps you out a bit, it has helped me :)