Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Art and a pow wow

The weekend has been going pretty good so far.

On Friday night Kerrie and I went to the art district to shop for swimming suits, visit some friends, eat sushi, invade a cozy little bakery, and take in a few galleries. It was pleasant. We even ran into Paul (Kerrie's bf) and hung out with him for a few hours. He bought me chips and salsa from Chipotle later that night, so I couldn't complain about the interruption. ;)










And then this afternoon, I tagged along with my parents to an Indian pow wow at the community college. My blond-haired, blue-eyed Swedish mother was invited there to sell her popular Indian head dresses. Leave it to my mom to sell the Indians back their culture. Ha. And then there was some amusing confusion with people thinking my dad was their kind of Indian (he hails from the actual country). It was a lot of fun. I even got a free Indian taco out of the trip. Yummy!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been craving cupcakes and this one looks so delish.