Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shopaholic!!


Today is my first (semi) drunk post.

It has been a good day. Kerrie and I finally saw Confessions of a Shopaholic tonight. And then we came back to my place and shared a giant bottle of champagne. Sigh. It was wonderful...
The movie was adorable. Actually, it was hilarious and cringe worthy. I, like many women, have found myself in the awkward positions of a shopaholic. Hiding purchases out of shame. Laugh sheepishly when people find Nordstrom receipts under car seats and stuffed under couches. Most of my credit card bills come out to be more than $1,000. There is even that fleeting moment of relief when you think someone has stolen your credit card after seeing an unfamiliar store name on your credit card bill...only to remember that unique purchase ten minutes later.
It's sad.
But I don't care. I love to shop. I love to look fabulous. And as long as that makes me happy, why should I be ashamed?
Who am I kidding, I'm just happy to be drunk. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, I am obsessed with this movie and the books.

Second, if you ever come down to L.A., give me a shout out and I'll email you a list of the most amazing vintage shops you can find. They are all over.

Ton Amour said...

We should do something similar very soon.
You weren't too tipsy that you forgot about Mexico?? I'm planning it we are goin and we will shop. Gotta love those pesos.

Anonymous said...

I am going to see the movie this weekend! Can't wait, I will see it and think of you...and maybe follow your example in having some celebratory wine afterward :-)