Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mum mum mum mah



I have a dirty little secret.

I like Lady Gaga.

I know, it's weird. I haven't listened to pop music in forever. Like, since I was 14 and a little unknown cow tipper named Britney took the scene. (And then quickly burned it).

It started a few months ago. Rian kept singing "Just Dance" over and over again. He secretly likes the song. At first, I just shrugged off Lady Gaga. I figured she was a Christina Aguilera look alike with the soul of Paris Hilton.

But then, out of nowhere, I started to like her single. I found my fingers turning the volume up when the song came on. When her new single "Poker Face" came on the radio, I didn't change the station.

And then I did some research and found out Lady Gaga was more than just your average pop singing bimbo. She *gasp* got accepted to NYU for music at 17. By 20, she was already composing pop songs for a major record label. Yes, she writes her own music.

She names Morrissey as one of her major influences.

And she's not gorgeous. She's strange looking (in a good way). And it's hard not to like a girl who sings "I want to ride your disco stick" and then humps a plastic Shamu in a kiddie pool in one of her music videos.

She's a glamorous eccentric. And I love that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard her before, but I'll check it out!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Just Dance.

That's amazing you're coming to Cali! (The home of me and Katie...from Stylista Kate.) You must remind me as the time gets closer. There's so much ground to cover, I don't even know where to start. Just remember my mantra, Melrose Avenue is life. Melrose Avenue is life.