Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jenny does ER

I looked so fab today and the only ones who saw me were people in a hospital waiting room.

Okay, I shouldn't complain. I spent four hours in the emergency room with my darling boyfriend, who was having one of his asthma attacks. I've been through this with him before. We go to the hospital, he gets medicine from the doctor, I sit in panic in the waiting room imagining the worst, he comes out, we go home.

But today I was wearing my gorgeous beige and gold Audrey coat, my rose Etro blouse, my mini beige Express skirt, and gold-buckled vintage shoes. I really hate to brag, but I was such a doll.

And while I sat in the waiting room, I pretended not to notice everyone staring at me. Six women complimented my coat and I just smiled and continued (fake) texting. A frat boy with a bloody arm tried to sit next to me but backed away, scared, when I shot him my glare of death. (Um, there were 20 open seats around me. And blood on Etro? Hell no). An older gentleman (30?) tried flirting with me. Fake text, fake text, fake text.

And I couldn't even enjoy the attention because I was sitting frozen in my seat, sick with worry for my Rian. Who, by the way, is fine.

Le sigh. I'm so vain.

I hope Rian gets this asthma thing figured out soon, otherwise I'm going to go bald from all this worry.

And that is SO not fab.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet lovely comment.

Gosh, in my world there's no such thing as vain. I'm always "fake texting" in the middle of a room and as people compliment me, I act as if I didn't expect them to. It's an everyday routine. There's no wrong in that because it's like, if you're dolled up why not show the world? Style is a novelty.

Unknown said...

By the way, vintage is my love.
It's my life. (I just reread the bit about the vintage shoes.) L.A. is so full of amazing vintage.

xo~Morena

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I get complimented on the bus, but that never feels good.
At least you got something interesting out of an ER trip!

Anonymous said...

So, just curious, when did my bff turn into such a style maven?! Are you becoming Blair Waldorf? B/c, if so, we should definitely put shopping on the agenda for the near future ;-)